Monday, July 14, 2008

Doing well





Hi everyone, Sorry it's been a while...
Arnie is doing well. He is talking a lot better and is looking better each time I see him. He is able to eat more, mostly soft stuff but it is still real food not the stuff from the can. We went to lunch the other day he got biscuits and gravy and a side of applesauce. He commented how good it was.
I recently got a package delivered to my house from Gail (Josh's mom) for Cheri, Arnie and the kids. She and some of her quilting friends (Veronica, Moria, Susie, Susan, Kate, Yvonne, Lorri) had made each one of them a quilt. They are beautiful. Each one is inscribed with a poem and a prayer for each of them. The peom was written by Lorri Chambers
************************************************************************************
This is a quilt of many prayers
made by many with their hearts
each stitch is a blessing that illness,
fear and worry will depart.

Wrap it tight around you
and feel the love of all who made
this quilt of many prayers
just for you.

You may not know them personally
but they are very special and rare,
their prayers silently spoken that
you know how much they care.

So stay strong and win the deeds ahead
and keep your quilt of many prayers close by,
For the ladies of QOR and TF, will keep you by and by.

Lorri Chambers june 1 2008
************************************************************************************
Yvonne also sent $20.00 to Gail to mail the package to me.




I have to say the smile Arnie had on his face when he opened it was priceless. I wish I had the camera out them. He kept saying it was so nice and he couldn't wait to sleep tonight so he could use it. What love had gone into each and every stitch. So if any of you ladies read this blog please know they were all so very grateful. You truly blessed them all. I have to say my littlest one Codey loved the quilts too. He was dragging Dillon's all around the house. (reminded me of Lynis) LOL
I hope that I didnt forget anyone that helped provide for this beautiful, thoughtful gift. May God bless you all. Michele

4 comments:

Susan said...

So the tube is out now? I'm so glad he and his family felt comforted by the quilts. =)

Gail said...

We are all so happy to have done the quilts, we each have been blessed by the love of others and we wanted to send our love to our friends. What was interesting for me is the blessing I received though the ladies that helped with this, be it through prayer, or donations. May God bless each one who has given to our friends Arnie, Cheri and the kids.

Hugs
Gail

Yvonne said...

Makes my heart happy to hear about you and the family and the progress that has been made. Know you have touched and blessed each one of us by sharing your story. I think you and your family are very special.
hugs,
Y

Unknown said...

So glad to hear that Arnie is doing well! Happy, too, that the quilts brought joy to everyone. It was my honor to have been a part of it all.